What are the regulations relating to fences?

Fences are allow in the City of Muskego with the issuance of a Zoning Permit. Section 400-167H. of the Municipal Code governs fences. The following link will take you to the Zoning Permit application, which goes over the basic fencing requirements. The fee for a fence permit is $20. Please note, if you are located within a subdivision, there may be additional requirement or restrictions relating to fences. Please check with your subdivision and make sure fences are allowed. Just because the City issues you approval of a fence (through a Zoning Permit), the subdivision could still prohibit fences. Any subdivision requires are separate and in addition to any City regulations.

Zoning Permit Info & Application

Show All Answers

1. Do I need a permit for a driveway, walkway, patios, fence, and/or retaining wall?
2. Do I need a permit for a certain type of work/project?
3. How can I find out what Zoning District a property is located in?
4. Can I run a business from my home?
5. What are the regulations relating to fences?
6. How do I have my wetlands delineated/marked?
7. Does the City have grass height regulations?
8. What kind of approvals does my business need in Muskego?
9. Are there any business incentives or assistance available in Muskego?
10. Can I have chickens, horses, or livestock on my property?
11. How do I file a complaint about a Zoning Code or Building Code violation?