Bluhm Farm Park
- Baseball / Softball
- Drinking Fountain
- Informal Sports Field
- Picnic Area
- Picnic Tables
- Play Equipment
- Walking Trails
Completed in the summer of 1995, Bluhm Farm Park is named after an intrepid German farming family that helped pioneer Muskego. The Bluhm family came to Muskego in 1863 and through sweat and strain, cleared the land that is now Bluhm Park.
This 50-acre community park is located in the northeastern portion of the city. Existing facilities include:
- Basketball goal
- Designated area for golf
- Four softball / baseball diamonds
- Football / rugby field
- Indoor restrooms
- Open shelter
- Picnic areas
The playground equipment provided on the site accommodates both age groups, 2-5 years and 5-12 years.
The site is linked to the city-managed recreation trail along the We Energies right-of-way.
To request reservation of this park shelter, click here.
In addition to active recreation areas, Bluhm Park has extensive areas with natural resource value. There is a 16-acre oak-dominated forest that contains an ephemeral pond wetland. There are several exceptionally large black oak, bur oak, and white oak trees in these woods - some of which are likely over 200 years old. Prairie vegetation was planted on almost nine acres adjacent to these woodlands with oak trees planted within portions to re-establish the oak savanna cover type. Footpaths traverse the woods and connect to the city-wide recreation trail network. Bluhm Park Conservation Site map
Extensive removal of invasive woodland shrubs was completed in the past decade. Volunteers have helped minimize garlic mustard by hand pulling this invasive plant. The prairie and woodlands are managed with periodic prescribed burns.
April 2014 - Bluhm Prairie Burn
April 2014 - Bluhm Woodland Burn (Video)
April 2014 - Bluhm Woodland Burn (Photo)
Off-street parking is available.