- Monday-Thursday 10am-8pm
- Friday-Saturday 9am-4:30pm
- Curbside service is now available.
- You must present the library card the hold was placed on to check out items.
- Cards must be in good standing in order to borrow materials. Cards blocked due to fines ($10 or more) or expired registrations must have the block resolved before you may use curbside services.
- Virtual library cards created online are only for electronic materials and will not be accepted.
- You will be notified when your items are ready for pick up and may arrive during our available pick up times.
- We are not able to accommodate drive-up requests for holds.
- The outdoor book drop is open. Do not attempt to return items by giving them to a staff member during your curbside appointment or leaving them outside of the library.
Step One - Placing Holds
Holds can be placed by phone at (262) 971-2100, by emailing email@example.com, or online though the library catalog.
To place a hold through the catalog:
- Log in to your library account.
- Search for items in the "Quick Library Search" box. The default "Muskego PL Items Only" in "Limit by" field means you will see only items owned by the Muskego library. You can change this by changing the "Limit by" field to select items at other libraries, or to limit your search by type of material.
- If an item is not available at our library, the record will show "Copies available at Muskego: 0 (of 1)".
- Click "PLACE A HOLD" next to your chosen item.
- Choose Muskego Public Library as "Pickup library".
- Click "Submit Request".
- Continue selecting items and placing holds.
- Verify all holds are correct by clicking "My Account" and then "Holds".
Step Two - Picking Up Items
- After your hold has been placed, you will get an automated call, text, or email when the item is availible for pickup.
- You may arrive at any point during our curbside hours of Mon-Thurs 10am-8pm or Fri-Sat 9am-4:30pm.
- Select a curbside parking spot (designated with a sign).
- When you arrive, call the library and a staff member will prepare your items for you. Please wait in the designated curbside spots until the staff members tells you your items are ready.
- Once your items are ready, you may walk or drive up to the front entrance. Staff will leave your items in the plastic tote next to the front door.
- Please wait until the staff member has reentered the building to retrieve your items.
- You will be asked to show your library card through the glass window before picking them up.
Safe Steps for our Patrons and Staff
- Library staff will bring items curbside in masks.
- Items returned to the Library will be quarantined for at least 24 hours before being reshelved.
- If you have illness symptoms, please wait to come pick up items until you are symptom free for 14 days. Contact the library about suspending your holds so you don’t lose your place in the holds queue.
- Every effort has been made to handle materials safely. If you would prefer to quarantine the items once you get home, please do!
Frequently Asked Questions
Didn’t find what you were looking for? Check out our Curbside FAQs to learn more about this service.
The Library is committed to ensuring that our programs and services are accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding accessibility please contact us, as we are continually striving to improve our library experience for all visitors.