Frequently Asked Questions
Is the library open?
Yes! We are open to the public for in-person browsing and other services. These are subject to change dependent on pandemic conditions and recommendations of health agencies.
The following services are available at this time:
- Curbside pick-up for most of our physical items: books, DVDs, CDs and audiobooks. You may call us at 262-971-2100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details about this service . Details about curbside pickup can also be found online here .
- Access to a number of digital books and audiobooks, digital magazines, and other electronic resources that can be used for free with your library card.
- In-building browsing and checkout are available. Children’s department browsing by appointment (Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult).
- Public computer use by appointment (1 hour time limit).
- Study rooms and exam proctoring are available. Study room occupancy 1 per person. Contact staff about our reservable 2-person study room, limit 2 reservations per month.
- Public meeting room reservations for groups of 6 or less. Meeting room application must be on file and the room booked in advance. More details can be found here .
What are the Library’s hours?
- Monday-Thursday 10am-8:30pm
- Friday & Saturday 9am-5pm
- Monday-Thursday 10am-8pm
- Friday-Saturday 9am-4:30pm
What Safety Measures have been put in place?
The Muskego Public Library is committed to the safety of our patrons and staff. The following protective measures have been put in place:
- Staff wear masks and have adopted a building cleaning schedule.
- The public is required to wear masks per the library board mandate (masks will be provided if needed).
- Social distancing measures are set up.
- Library materials will be quarantined for 24 hours after return.
The Library reopening has been set up along these guidelines:
- No children’s playgroups, or other social interactive activities.
- Seating, carrels and tables – arranged to allow distance.
- All in-person Library programs are cancelled until further notice. Virtual programs will be available.
Curbside pickup services began May 2nd. You may have materials that are on hold for you delivered curbside Monday-Thursday 10am-8pm or Friday & Saturday 9am-4:30pm.
For more details about this service, call us at 262-971-2100 or email us at email@example.com. More details about this service can also be found online here Version OptionsCOVID-19Headline.
Some trusted sources of information for updates regarding COVID-19 can be found on our outbreak updates page.
A number of programs are offered that can help you during this difficult time. For information about financial assistance, food pantries, internet & energy assistance, and more, see our financial assistance webpage.
Some vendors have temporarily made their resources available for free. A few that may be useful can be found on our remote resources page.