The Muskego Library offers a variety of special services and adaptive technologies to assist those with diverse needs.
Services for those with mobility concerns
- Parking – handicap accessible parking is located at the front entrance of the library.
- Building Entrance – the main entrance to the library features no steps and automatic doors.
- Baskets, Shopping Carts, and Walker – available across from the circulation desk.
- Family & Handicap Accessible Restroom – off the front entrance hallway, before entering main library area.
- Retrieval of Library items – books, periodicals, CDs, DVDs, etc. can be retrieved upon request.
- Specialized materials
- LEAP (Library eBook Accessibility Program) – available through Wisconsin’s Digital Library (OverDrive) link, materials which can be read with computers, assistive reading devices, braille printers, and MP3 players.
- Interlibrary Loan – If an item is not owned by any of the member libraries in the Bridges Library System, we can try to obtain a copy from another library outside of our system. To request an item that is not listed in the CAFÉ catalog, please fill out an interlibrary loan request form and return it to the library.
- “Library Social Story” – Planning a trip to the library with your child? Print out this book or read it in your browser. It will introduce your child to our library with real pictures of the building before they visit.
- Hearing Loop – available in Meeting Room 4. A hearing loop is a system that transfers sound directly to a hearing device or cochlear implant via a t-coil receiver to enhance sound quality. (The t-coil may need to be activated by an audiologist).
- Assistive Listening Devices – available upon request for use in Meeting Room 4.
- Closed Captioning – movies shown at our facility will include subtitles whenever available.
- Magnifiers – there is a magnifying reader near the printer and public computers.
Other Service Information
- Service Animal – Service animals are welcome in the library anywhere the general public is allowed. Service animals are not required to wear a vest or label. Emotional support animals are not allowed in the library.
- Program Accommodation - To request sign language interpretation or other accommodations for special needs for a program, please contact Samantha at 262-971-2103 at least 1 week before the program date.
The Library is committed to ensuring that our programs and services are accessible to everyone. If you have any questions or suggestions regarding accessibility please contact us, as we are continually striving to improve our library experience for all visitors.