Holds can be placed on library items through the online catalog, or by contacting the library’s reference desk. A maximum of 100 holds may be placed for a patron
To place a hold through the catalog:
- Log in to your library account.
- Search for items in the "Quick Library Search" box. The default "Muskego PL Items Only" in "Limit by" field means you will see only items owned by the Muskego library. You can change this by changing the "Limit by" field to select items at other libraries, or to limit your search by type of material.
- If an item is not available at our library, the record will show "Copies available at Muskego: 0 (of 1)".
- Click "PLACE A HOLD" next to your chosen item.
- Choose Muskego Public Library as "Pickup library".
- Click "Submit Request".
- Continue selecting items and placing holds.
- Verify all holds are correct by clicking "My Account" and then "Holds".
If an item is not owned by any of the member libraries in the Bridges Library System, we can try to obtain a copy from another library outside of our system. To request an item that is not listed in the CAFÉ catalog, please fill out an interlibrary loan request form.