Fireworks Permit/Application (Individual & Group)
A permit is required to display fireworks. Applications may be made pursuant to §167.10 (3) (c) of the Wisconsin State Statutes and shall be subject to all requirements contained within §167.10 Wis. Stats.
- Fireworks discharge permit applicant must be an owner and resident of real property in the City of Muskego. All fireworks applications must be submitted to the Clerk’s Office between May 1 and June 30.
- Permits are for the individual use of fireworks at the location listed during the hours of 4:00 pm and 11:00 pm. Such use is restricted to the following dates: July 3, 4, and 5 each year, subject to the following. If the 4th of July falls on a Monday or Tuesday, the Saturday before will be allowed. If the 4th of July falls on a Wednesday or Thursday, the Saturday after will be allowed. A separate application must be submitted for each date requested.
- In the interest of neighboring property owners, the application must further provide to the City proof of Homeowners Liability Insurance covering the applicant in the case of personal injury or property damage that occurs as a result of the discharge of fireworks.
- The permit fee is $35.
- Fireworks discharge permit application may be made by: a public authority; a fair association; an amusement park; a park board; a civic organization; corporate entities located in the City; a group of individuals that are all residents of the City of Muskego; an agricultural producer for the protection of crops from predatory birds or animals.
- A pyrotechnic professional must discharge the fireworks and shall obtain liability insurance naming the City of Muskego as additional insured and provide separate written endorsements to the insurance policy as requested and approved by the City Attorney. A Certificate of Insurance along with the required Endorsements, in a form approved by the City Attorney shall be provided prior to the discharge of any fireworks, evidencing all of the required insurance coverage.
- A group user permit shall only be granted for a one-time event per calendar year. In the event that a fireworks show is cancelled due to weather conditions, the group user permit is valid for the next calendar day only.
- The permit fee is $50.
Application Forms & Payment
- Individual Fireworks Permit Application
- Group Fireworks Permit Application
- Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check (payable to City of Muskego), and credit/debit card which includes a service charge.
- Please submit fee and form to the Clerk-Treasurer’s Office, Muskego City Hall, W182 S8200 Racine Avenue,
Muskego, WI 53150.
For more information, please contact City Hall at (262) 679-4100.