Recreation Trail Rules
Recreation Trail use in Muskego is governed by Chapter 26 of the Municipal Code. As it pertains to Chapter 26 Parks & Recreation Regulations, the following rules must be followed:
All persons within the limits of and/or using a park or recreational facility within the City of Muskego are subject to the following rules and regulations:
(c)Dogs on trails
- (Ord. #1025 - 04-20-2000) Animals - All domestic animals are prohibited in said areas except in areas and at times and under conditions designated by Parks and Recreation Director.
- The Parks and Conservation Committee of The City of Muskego has designated the Muskego Recreation Trail (Wisconsin Electric Power Company right of way) as an area allowing dogs. This designation is effective 6-13-95 in accordance with Ordinance #630.
Conditions where dogs are allowed include the following:
1. Dogs must be on a leash no greater than 6 feet in length.
2. Dogs must be under the control of the owner at all times.
3. Dog waste must be cleaned up by the owner.
- (Ord. #1025 - 04-20-2000)
- (a) Horseback riding shall be permitted only upon any authorized areas specifically designated by the Recreation Manager and any other decision-making governing body
- (a) It shall be unlawful for any person operating a vehicle in any park or recreation area of the City to fail or refuse to obey all traffic signs, or other traffic control devices regulating the operation, stopping or parking of vehicles. It shall be unlawful for other than authorized personnel to park or drive on lawns, fields, or any other places other than upon roadways and parking areas clearly constructed and established for such purposes within the parks, parkways, or other recreational facilities on the City. Laws pertaining to the provisions as outlined in the state motor vehicle traffic laws in regard to equipment and operation of vehicles are applicable except that pedestrians shall have the right-of-way over vehicles in park areas.
- (f) All bicycle riders shall obey traffic signs and laws regulating the operation stopping or parking of vehicle. Bicycle riding will be governed further by safe riding practices and consideration for the use of park and recreation areas, trails, and pathways by others. Bicycle riding is prohibited on playgrounds, tennis courts and game courts, or any area where other activities are in progress.
- (Ord. #1025 - 04-20-2000)
- (d) It shall be unlawful to use snowmobiles on park lands or recreation facility except in those areas specifically designated by the Manager, with approval from Parks and Conservation Committee.
Snowmobile use in Muskego is governed by both Chapter 24 and Chapter 26 of the Municipal Code.
As it pertains to Chapter 26 Parks & Recreation Regulations, the following rules must be followed:
(9) Winter Sports
- (d) It shall be unlawful to use snowmobiles on park lands or recreation facility except in those areas specifically designated by the Manager, with approval from Parks and Conservation Committee. (Ord. #1025 - 04-20-2000)
Click here to view the Snowmobile Trail Map with Regulations