Court Services

Legal Advice

If you are in need of legal advice, please contact a lawyer. If you do not have a lawyer, you may contact the Attorney Information and Referral Service of the State Bar of Wisconsin for the name of a lawyer. 

We Will…

  • Explain and answer questions about how municipal court works
  • Give you general information about court rules, procedures, and practices
  • Provide court schedules and how to have a hearing scheduled
  • Provide information from a case file as long as the case is not confidential
  • Provide you with available court forms and instructions and check your forms for completeness
  • Give information about court deadlines

We Cannot…

  • Recommend what actions to take
  • Recommend what words to use for your court papers or what to say in court
  • Research or interpret the law for you
  • Apply the law to the fact of your case
  • Talk to the judge / city attorney outside of court for you
  • Take sides in a case
  • Change an order signed by the judge
  • Change deadlines for you
  • Provide court / citation information from any other municipality


  • The court, including the judge and all court staff, must remain impartial. We do not take sides in any matter coming before the court.
  • It is your responsibility to update the court with your current address and telephone information. If your information changes, let the court know immediately so you may receive information regarding your citations.