Registering to Vote
Act 182 requires that voters provide a document establishing their proof of residence as part of the voter registration application.
Download the Registration Form, read the instructions, complete the form, and mail it to:
City of Muskego
W182 S8200 Racine Avenue
Muskego WI 53150
You must have resided at your present location for 10 days. Applicants must include a copy of their proof of residence with the application. The application must be postmarked no later than the 20th day (third Wednesday) before the election.
You may register in person at City Hall in the Clerk’s office daily from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm, and until 5:00 pm on the Friday before the election.
You must have resided at your present location for 10 days preceding the election. Also you must provide proof of residence.
Muskego Public Library
Computers are available to access MyVote Wisconsin Website where you can register to vote, check your voter registration status, find your polling place, see what's on your ballot, request an absentee ballot (military and permanent overseas voters only), and check provisional ballot status.
You may also request an EL-131 Wisconsin Voter Registration Application form with complete instructions from the Reference Desk.
The Muskego Public Library is located at S73W16663 Janesville Road and is open during Monday through Thursday, 9:00 am until 9:00 pm, or Friday and Saturday 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
At the Polling Location on Election Day
If you register to vote at your polling location, you must first determine what district you are located in from the My Vote WI website and the location of that polling place. Once this is determined, you must bring Proof of Residence that you have lived at your present location for 10 days preceding the election.
Acceptable Proof of Residence
Valid forms of proof of residence must include the voter's name and current address and are any of the following:
- A current and valid Wisconsin driver license / ID card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- Any employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
- A real estate property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (does not count as proof of residence if elector submits form by mail)
- A picture ID from a university, college, or technical college coupled with a fee receipt
- A picture ID from a university, college, or technical college coupled with an on-campus housing listing provided by the university, college, or technical college to the municipality that denotes U.S. citizenship
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
- A bank statement
- A paycheck
- A check or other document issued by a unit of government
- Residential lease that is effective on date of registration (not valid if registering by mail or through a non-SRD voter registration drive)
If you have any further questions, please contact the clerk's office at (262) 679-5628.