Hours for In-Person Absentee Voting are located the bottom of this page.
In order to vote absentee, you must be a registered voter in the City of Muskego.
Please visit myvote.wi.gov to:
- Register to vote
- Check voter registration status
- Request an absentee ballot.
Applying for an Absentee Ballot
If you are already registered, please visit myvote.wi.gov to request an absentee ballot or complete the fillable Absentee Ballot Application (EL-121) form, print the application, and mail to the address below:
City of Muskego
W182 S8200 Racine Avenue
Muskego, Wisconsin 53150
The application must be received by the clerk no later than 5:00 pm on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you.
Once the application is received, the ballot will then be sent to you. Ballots must be returned to City Hall by Election Day in order for the ballot to count. Ballots are available 22 days before the spring elections and 45 days before fall elections.
When you receive the ballot, please follow these instructions:
- In the presence of a witness (who is an adult U.S. citizen), the voter marks the ballot by filling in the appropriate circle, using a black pen.
If you plan to vote for a write-in - Write the person’s name in the "write-in" area and fill in the appropriate circle.
- The folded ballot is placed in the affidavit envelope and sealed.
- The voter completes and signs the affidavit envelope.
- The witness, who is present while the ballot was marked, completes the certificate with his or her signature and complete address. (Witness need not be a resident of the municipality in which the voter claims residency.)
- Due to court order, ballots may not be returned by depositing into a drop box. There are two options for returning your completed ballot:
- Mail your ballot. USPS recommends mailing your ballot no later than 7 days prior to Election Day.
- Drop off your ballot in person at the Muskego Clerk’s Office.
Voting In-Person Absentee for April 5, 2022 Election
Begins Tuesday, March 22, 2022 through Friday, April 1, 2022.
Weekdays Only - 8 am to 4:30 pm
If you have any questions, please feel free to call the clerk’s office at (262) 679-5628.