In order to vote absentee, you must be a registered voter in the City of Muskego. Please visit myvote.wi.gov where you can register to vote, check your voter registration status and request an absentee ballot.
Applying for an Absentee Ballot
If you are already registered, please visit myvote.wi.gov to request an absentee ballot or complete the fillable Absentee Ballot Application (EL-121) form, print the application, and mail to the address below:
City of Muskego
W182 S8200 Racine Avenue
Muskego, Wisconsin 53150
The application must be received by the clerk no later than 5:00 pm on the Thursday before the election in order for an absentee ballot to be mailed to you.
Once the application is received, the ballot will then be sent to you. Ballots must be returned to City Hall by Election Day in order for the ballot to count. Ballots are available 22 days before the spring elections and 45 days before fall elections.
When you receive the ballot, please follow these instructions:
- In the presence of a witness (who is an adult U.S. citizen), the voter marks the ballot by connecting the arrows, using a black pen.
If you plan to vote for a write-in - Write the person’s name in the "write-in" area and connect the arrow.
- The folded ballot is placed in the affidavit envelope and sealed.
- The voter completes and signs the affidavit envelope.
- The witness, who is present while the ballot was marked, completes the certificate with his or her signature and complete address. (Witness need not be a resident of the municipality in which the voter claims residency.)
- The completed absentee ballot must be returned by mail, placed in the drop box directly outside of the City Hall main entrance, or in person to the City Clerk's office at City Hall by 8:00 pm on Election Day. If your absentee ballot is received after Election Day, it must be postmarked no later than Election Day and received by mail no later than 4:00 pm on the Friday after the Election to be counted.
Voting In-Person Absentee (Ends Friday, October 30th)
Due to COVID-19, hours may change for casting an in-person absentee ballot at the City Hall Clerk’s office. Scheduled dates and times are as follows: Tuesday, October 20th - Thursday, October 29th, 8:00am - 4:30pm; Friday, October 30th, 8:00am - 5:00pm. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the clerk’s office at (262) 679-5628.