- Mayor's Office
The Mayor works to provide leadership and vision within the organization to effectively accomplish the goals and policies of the Common Council. Continued work includes providing quality services the citizens expect in the most cost-effective and efficient manner. The Mayor also serves as a resource and support to department heads in assisting them in achieving their missions.
Primary Responsibilities of the Mayor
- Acting as the presiding officer at Common Council meetings
- Appointing aldermen and citizens to the city’s boards, commissions, and committees *
- Chairing and participating in various boards, commission, and committees
- Executing all municipal financial and contractual obligations
- Fulfilling the chief executive officer responsibilities and exercises all of the executive powers on behalf of the municipality
- Preparing the executive budget for recommendation to the Common Council
- Providing liaison services to local, county, state, and national-elected officials as well as local civic organizations
- Supervising and directing the day-to-day operations of city government
*NOTE: The citizens appointed to serve on these volunteer organizations represent the views of all citizens to the Mayor and Council. If you are interested in serving on one of the boards, commissions, and/or committees, please submit the Appointment Application to email@example.com.