- Parks & Recreation
- Parks & Lakes
Parks & Lakes
Benefits of Parks & Open Spaces
Parks and open spaces are important and valuable attributes to a community. Outdoor recreation contributes to the mental and physical well-being of the community's citizens. Developed park lands provide areas for active recreation, entertainment, and education. Open spaces, or undeveloped park lands, provide natural resource preservation, wildlife habitat, outdoor education, and passive recreational activities. Both developed and undeveloped parks provide transition and separation from other developed land uses.
Annual Park Operations Timetable
- Docks are installed the first weekend in May.
- Restrooms open May 1 with closure on September 30 for Idle Isle, Lions, Kurth, Bluhm Farm, and Veterans Memorial Park.
- Restrooms at Park Arthur open year round.
- Swimming lines at Idle Isle Park beach area are in by the Memorial Day weekend.
General Information & Guidelines
- Golfing areas can be found in Bluhm Farm Park and Denoon Park if you want to keep your swing in shape.
- Bathrooms are open only from May to September, from 8:00 am to 9:00 pm.
- Dogs are not allowed on the green spaces within parks; they are only allowed on the Muskego Recreation Trail and trails going through a park. Dog must be on a leash 6 feet or less. Dog owners must clean up after their dogs.
Wildlife in the Parks
Please remember that is unlawful to harass wildlife. Please respect our wildlife that are present in our parks. You might not know, but it's not a good idea to feed the ducks and geese in our parks. By feeding the birds, they lose their natural instincts for survival. It also causes overpopulation and a big mess. The birds can also become susceptible to disease and predation. Please do not feed the birds.
The Recreation Department has available for daily rental: kayaks, stand-up paddleboards, paddles, and life jackets. Cost of 2-hour rental is $10.00/kayak and $20.00/paddleboard. All supporting equipment is included in the rental fee.
During the summer, rental of these items can be made directly at Idle Isle when our concession stand is open. Hours for concessions are weather/staff dependent. Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM, Saturday & Sunday 9AM-4PM. These hours are through Labor Day.
Rentals after Labor Day must be made at least 3 days in advance from the date of use. You can call the Recreation office at 262-679-4108 to check availability and schedule off-season rental.
Rental items are currently only available for use at Idle Isle Park.
For more information or request a date, please call the office at 262-679-4108.