The City of Muskego Police Department’s School Resource Officer program began in August of 1992 when the Muskego/Norway School District and the City of Muskego Police Department joined forces and established the School Liaison Program, now known as a School Resource Officer. The successful partnership has grown, and today Muskego High School, Muskego Lakes Middle School and Lake Denoon Middle School have an officer assigned to their campuses full-time. Middle School Officers also spend time at Bay Lane Elementary, Mill Valley Elementary, and Lakeview Elementary School in Wind Lake.
This position involves:
- Investigations related to juvenile offenders or victims.
- Educational presentations.
- Supervision of various school functions.
- Safety and Security for the schools.
- Assisting school administration and staff.
- As well as perform the duties of regular police officers.