Hazardous Waste Disposal
The City of Muskego, in cooperation with Waukesha County, provides Household Hazardous Waste disposal options to our residents.
The Waukesha County Household Hazardous Waste Collection Sites will reopen on June 1, 2020.
Please note there are new safety measures in place in an effort to keep both staff and residents safe:
- Residents MUST stay in their cars at all times.
- Residents must show proof of residency through the car window.
- All items need to be in the trunk – staff will not open up back seat doors to collect material.
- Material should be in a box or container for easy collection. This box will not be returned (only gas cans will be returned to residents).
- Collection staff will also be wearing N-95 masks. We are expecting potentially longer wait times, although we have requested extra staff from the vendor due to these new protocols, please alert residents that it may take longer to unload individual cars.
The link below will take you to the County’s website that has the most recent information on drop-off locations and their hours.
- Waukesha County Recycling/Hazardous Waste Information
- Holiday Closings at the Collection Sites
- New Identification Scanners for 2018
Motor Oil, Oil Filters, and Antifreeze are accepted at the Jensen Environmental Management Site at W144 S6347 College Court only.
This service is offered March thru the end of November on the 1st and 3rd Saturdays from 8am to Noon.
Please note: This service is not part of the City of Muskego and Waukesha County Household Hazardous Waste Disposal Program. This service is provided and funded by Jensen Environmental Management out of their commitment to a clean environment. Please be respectful of all rules and requirements they have on site. Do not leave anything on site when it is unattended and/or outside the drop off hours. Failure to follow these rules may result in citations for illegal dumping and Jensen Environmental to discontinue this service to the City of Muskego residents.
Jensen Environmental Management also offers Electronics and Latex Paint Disposal. These items are only accepted for a fee and by special appointment only. For more information please contact Jensen Environmental at 414-422-9169.